Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Turkey Day, From Rob Taylor

I'm actually doing much better. I have been up and moving around for almost 3 weeks so much better than I was expecting. I was living with Cynthia and family, but now I've returned home to Curts. I'm driving, and my physical therapy is moving right along.

I've also been going back to the gym for light workouts. My left side is still numb and tingly, but they say that will heal with time. I am quite uncoordinated at times, but I'm getting better every day. I have re-enrolled in school beginning in January, and the doctors expect I will do fine.

I've signed up with the office for Students with Disabilities for assistance in my studies. I also forget to do little things, for example, turning my car off when I park... This comes from short term memory loss. They told me that the first 6 months are the most crucial for healing so I'm trying to read and exercise my mind as much as possible.

I want to thank you all for the cards to show your love and support. All your encouragement has helped my recovery! I am grateful to have such a big and caring family!

I hope you ALL have a wonderful Thanksgiving, and know that you are in my heart this day!!!
gobble, gobble

Love, Rob

2 comments:

Pat Herdeg said...

Rob,

THANK YOU for this update--perfect for Thanksgiving Day!

Glad to hear that you are progressing.

Love,

Pat

CB said...

Wonderful to hear of your progress, Rob. Keep up the good work, we are all rooting for you!! Aunt CB