Wednesday, December 31, 2008

January Birthdays: Part Three
















And the Bakers take the prize for most birthdays this month!

We have Elmer Howland, Aunt Lil’s husband, and their daughter, Sylva. Also, Sylva’s son in law, Norris Arnold, husband of Linda.

Dawn Walker, daughter of Phyllis, and Justin Henderson, son of Ron Henderson, grandson of Wendell, great grandson of Phyllis are January birthdays.
Leona’s grandson, Max Body-Maffei, son of Neil, and Allen Smerchansky, husband of Beth Barron (who is daughter of Kathryn who is daughter of Gladys), round out the birthday group.

Picture One: Norris Arnold, taken in 1992
Picture Two: Nick, Allen and Lena Smerchansky
Picture Three: Sylva
Picture Four: Dawn Walker, Fred Emhof, Dorothy Maffei
Picture Five: Elmer Howland—And before our curious readers ask, Aunt CB does not know where this picture was taken or what building is in the background. Do you??? Sing out and let us know!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be honest. Since I put these together, I get the first look.

What beautiful people we all are!!

And, I particularly enjoy putting up pictures of grandkids and great grandkids and any of the Baker/Howlands, as I know so few of these children/cousins.

Keep the pictures coming and we'll keep putting up these works of art also known as pictures of our selves.

Love to you ALL,

Anonymous said...

I am not completely sure where my Grandfather's picture was taken. I do know that the bridge he is next to looks a lot like the Center Lisle bridge that was right near the store. I just assume that it was taken there. I do not recognise the buildings, but they could be some that were torn down.

On a different note, if my daughter Beth had tried to find the perfect son for me, she could not have done better than Allen. He is fantastic! He is wonderful to Beth and is a fantastic father to Nicky and Lena. I am proud to be his Mother-in-law.

Anonymous said...

I too thought that Uncle Elmer was leaning againest the brige that went across the road in front of the store BUT the building are unfamiliar. However, I have a niggeldy feeling that they may have been there when Gladys and I were young! [ LONG ago!] If this picture was taken that long ago the store would have been behind Elmar across the creek and to the left of his back. Who else is older than dirt who can tell??? CB