Sunday, September 30, 2007

From Diana




Last year for Mom's 90th we had a little suprise party and grilled outside. This year we just brought a cake to her Assisted Living Apartment on September 1st. It was a big marble cake - everyone said it was way too big - but since I got to take home the leftovers I thought it was just right.
My husband Bill and I were there - as well as Carol, and 2 of my 3 kids were there. (Jon and Kris). Several of mom's friends from St. Benedicts also stopped in for cake and ice cream.
The next day - we drove about 30 miles to watch my daughter in law in a horse show. She does 'Eventing' which is Dressage, stadium jumping and cross country. We went to watch stadium jumping and mom was very willing to give each and every rider - some tips on what they should do better. She really enjoyed herself.

3 comments:

Pat Herdeg said...

Wow!!

It's been so long since I've seen Aunt Maria...........she is still so beautiful!
Thank you for these pictures...it's great to see pictures of your family.

Pat

Anonymous said...

That was wonderful and great fun to go thru (I cried my eyes out!!!)
Your Dad asleep on the sofa (or Just resting his eyes!) : )
Your Mom and my Pops next to each other. Aunt Maria in her 90's.
Oh my it was great.

Anonymous said...

The picture of Maria is so nice to see. I don't think I've seen her since many years ago at Old Forge. Used to love going up there to visit. Always felt welcome and the buttermilk pancakes Uncle Arnon made would rival Grandpa's any day. Maria was so pretty and full of life. I just loved her. Hope she's hanging in there.