Friday, July 19, 2013

Summer Heat By Pat Kinsella Herdeg

Well the temperatures this week have been amazingly HOT! I am VERY ready for this heat wave to break--perhaps by Sunday we will see lower temperatures here in Massachusetts.

But, for right now, it is 96 degrees in Acton and they tell me it feels like 103. Outside my window, my thermometer reads 105 degrees. Whichever is correct, I am very happy to have an air conditioner that seems to work for now.

Summer Heat reminds me of family reunions, so I thought I would look through old pictures. Here are a few to bring back memories, or just bring a smile to your face.

Here is a Baker Reunion at Sylva and Freddy's, in July of 1955. Remember, click on the picture and you should see a larger image.

This is a CLASSIC! Freddy in the barn.

This is also Sylva and Freddy's house, in August of 1960. What I like about this picture is all of the action--boys wrestling, balls being thrown, hats being tried on.


 This is July of 1957. Dan Kinsella, Christine Emhof and Sue Kinsella all head to the fishing hole.


July of 1953--Maneys, Lochners and one lone Kinsella all eat watemelon. To be followed by a watermelon seed spitting contest?

Fourteen years later, another crew of cousins--Taylors and Kinsellas and one lone Lochner, all enjoy watermelon.


Stay cool everyone! Enjoy.



1 comment:

Mom/CB said...

What a marvelous idea! Front and center for reunions! And what memories they bring back! I can see Mom ETHEL,[ whose birthday comes in a few days] now, Having brought her beans which we ALL looked for and Daddy [ Lloyd]with a huge watermelon slicing it! Seemed we never got together without one! Then, as you say, Pat, the kids ALL had a spitting conest ! Seems so good to see all the people at Sylva's reunion. I miss them!
And Glenn, he has the right idea! Sit in the lake!