Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Rexford Taylor By Pat Kinsella Herdeg

We have lost a Taylor Treasure! He is the first cousin of the children of Lloyd, since his father was Floyd, Lloyd’s twin. Aunt CB is up in Canada (or she would be writing), but I wanted to get this on the blog since this Sunday is the Memorial Service for Rex in Ohio. Rex Taylor has been featured in our cousins blog several times.

At this link, his wedding to Dene Chadwick is remembered by Eve Taylor: http://taylorbakercousins.blogspot.com/2010/08/rexford-taylor-and-dene-chadwicks.html

And at this link, Eve Taylor writes of their 70th wedding anniversary party: http://taylorbakercousins.blogspot.com/2011/08/rex-and-dene-taylors-70th-anniversary.html

He and Dene had their 71st wedding anniversary this past August.

Rex and Dene, 70th Anniversary

Here is the obituary for Rex from the local paper:


“TAYLOR REXFORD F. TAYLOR, age 93 of Chagrin Falls, died Aug. 21, 2012; son of D. Floyd and Goldie (nee Calkins)(both deceased); husband of Dene (nee Chadwick); father of Barry (Cathy) and Barbara Salenbien both of Michigan; grandfather of four, great-grandfather of three; brother of the late Bryant C. Taylor. US Army Veteran of WWII.

Memorial donations suggested to the Arthritis Foundation , the Alzheimer's Cleveland Chapel or to the Federated Church. Memorial service Sunday, Sept. 9th, 3 p.m. at the Federated Church, Chagrin Falls, Ohio.”

Our hearts go out to Dene, Barry and Barbara, and their children.

3 comments:

CB/ Lucille said...

Rex and Dene had a good many years together. They knew they were lucky. They were a very "giving " couple, helping others along the way! Family was very important to them! { I hate to lose ANY cousins!!]

Evelyn Taylor said...

Lance, Pam and I got up early Sunday morning and left for Chagrin Falls, OH to attend my brother-in-law- Rex's memorial service. No one knew we were coming, so were happy to see us. Dene was handling things well, but a little concerned that she was not sure where she was going to be now. She will now live near her son and daughter in an assisted living facility in Adrian, MI.

I am concerned with all these traumatic changes coming one on top of another. My prayers are with her.
Evelyn

Sue Kinsella said...

I don't think I ever met Rexford, but I felt I got to "know" him a little from this blog. And so I was so sad to read today that he has died. (I have been without Internet for most of September, and am just catching up now.)

One of the things that this blog has made more apparent to me is how our lives overlap in time and those older among us can reach back a long ways into the history of our family, beyond death to those they remember from their own early years who are no longer with us. So each relative who dies takes some of our history with them, even as those still here are always creating new history.

Rex could reach back a long ways into our stories. I'm glad that some of his are celebrated here on this blog. I'm so sorry to hear of his passing, although I'm glad he had such a long and eventful life. I send love to Dene and hopes for the most comfort there can be for her in all the changes that this now means. And I send love to Rex and Dene's family and to Eve's in their sadness.