Tuesday, October 2, 2007

From Sue Kinsella





Thank you for all the Family Reunion pictures! It has always been important to me to stay in touch with cousins and extended family, and it’s so wonderful to see you all!


If I ever needed reminding of what a gift cousins are, I got it this summer when Julie was one of the blessed people who dropped everything to fly cross-country to take care of me when I was incapacitated by a shattered ankle. (Slipped on a magazine and fell down the stairs – go figure!) I also heard from many of my cousins and deeply appreciated your notes and cards. I still have a lot of recovery ahead of me, but I can get around better now. I’m out of my cast (beautiful though it was) and into a walking boot now, using crutches, a walker, and a wheelchair, depending on the need. I just stood on my foot for the first time yesterday in two and a half months!


Here are pictures of Julie with me and with my son, Alex. I’ve been surprised to learn how many other people have broken their ankles at one time or another. I hear that one of Ted Lochner’s sons came to the Family Reunion this year in a cast, and Diana told me that she broke BOTH ankles – AT THE SAME TIME (tripped over a dog) - several years ago. It is totally miraculous, I’m finding, that ankles can heal themselves and bones can regenerate. I say – revel in your ankles! Walk, run, jog, hike, dance, and celebrate! Love to you all (and especially Julie)!
Sue

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures!I really love the picture of you and Julie together...

Anonymous said...

So that's what you look like in a walking cast standing on crutches. Can't tell you how happy it makes me to see that. Have you maneuvered the stairs again yet?

Diana said...

I did not trip over a dog to break both ankles - I was chased by a squirrel while showing a dog - the squirrel ran under me as I jumped up - I still can jump high - I just don't land well!